Front tooth aesthetics in Munich
Veneers (ceramic veneers) play a special role in the restorative therapy concept. Especially in the aesthetically highly sensitive anterior region they are suitable for best aesthetic results. With them it is even possible to conceal small malpositions in the front tooth area in a highly aesthetic way, in some cases even without grinding the tooth beforehand.
In recent years, prefabricated veneers or variants made of composite materials have increasingly been propagated, which are intended to provide a quick, simple and inexpensive solution. However, it quickly became apparent that these individually laboratory-fabricated ceramic veneers are far inferior in terms of aesthetics and durability. Ceramic offers optimal refraction and translucency and, when properly fabricated and placed, cannot be distinguished from the real tooth.
Since the 90s, veneers have been used in our practice for therapy. Even before they are made, we can display the planned results directly in your mouth via a so-called "mock-up" and you have the opportunity to influence the shape and colour of this "sample". An experienced dental technician is present at all important steps, and together with you an optimum of aesthetics and function can be achieved.
Veneers usually represent an aesthetic measure. They are neither covered nor subsidised by the statutory health insurance funds. In the case of private health insurance companies, it is difficult but not impossible to cover the costs if there is a medical indication. The costs vary from patient to patient and are charged according to the German Dentists' Fee Schedule (GOZ).
Bleaching is a purely aesthetic procedure and can only be carried out successfully under certain conditions. It is important to show you the possibilities and limits of this method in advance, a professional tooth cleaning should be carried out urgently before.
There are basically two possibilities of bleaching
- Office Bleaching: Here the bleaching is carried out in our practice in one session. A bleaching gel is applied to the teeth in up to three passes of 20 minutes each. The gums are first protected by a special light-curing gel. This is the fastest method of bleaching and lasts for a very long time. Several shades of brightening can be achieved. With a colour scale the success can be controlled and traced. The costs amount to approx. 280 Euro, for a single tooth bleaching approx. 45 Euro (It is charged according to the fee schedule for dentists, due to individual medical characteristics the price may vary slightly; incl. 19% VAT)
- Home bleaching with individually made splints: Individual bleaching splints are made after impressions of the patient, which are worn by the patient at home for a certain period of time. The advantage is the reusability and the good control of the whitening by the patient. The bleaching gel can be obtained from the practice when it is used up. The costs for a homebleaching set including bleaching gel amount to 299 Euro (incl. 19% VAT)
Aesthetic fillings in the front tooth area
With special, highly aesthetic composite filling materials (matrix of synthetic material and a high proportion of ceramics), aesthetic deficits such as old fillings, broken or chipped teeth can be treated in a minimally invasive and aesthetic way. In a multi-layer technique using special enamel and dentine masses, the fillings can be ideally adapted to the tooth at our Munich office. When treating large defects of several teeth, we can simulate the result with a "Wax-Up" (trial restoration made of wax on plaster models), modify it if necessary and transfer it into the patient's mouth.
Whitespot treatment in the anterior region with the Icon method
Chalky white spots in the anterior region (whitespots) of many types can often be well concealed minimally invasively with an infiltration (icon method). The tooth thus regains its natural colour, without drilling and in only one session. This modern method was developed in cooperation with the Berlin Charité and the University of Kiel. An advantage of the Icon method: Healthy tooth substance, which would otherwise be damaged by drilling, is spared!
Icon closes the pores in the enamel
When minerals are lost in the enamel due to incipient caries or mineralisation disorders, a pore system is formed which appears chalky white due to altered translucency and refraction. With Icon the pores are filled up again. This stabilizes the tooth substance and the tooth regains its natural colour
This is done in several steps
1. gums and adjacent teeth are covered by a membrane or special light-curing gel
2. the surface of the decayed tooth is pre-treated with a special gel
3. the now open pores are dried with alcohol
4. a special low-viscosity filling material, the Icon plastic, is used to fill and seal the pores or the beginning caries
The tooth is now permanently sealed in the corresponding areas, acids can no longer penetrate the tooth, the natural colour is restored
The advantages of the icon method summarized
- Beginning caries can be stopped early
- Healthy tooth substance is preserved because no drilling is necessary
- The treated tooth surface is very similar to natural enamel
- No drilling, no injection, no pain
- Only one session is necessary for the treatment
The costs for an icon treatment at our clinic in Munich vary individually from case to case. The costs per tooth are similar to those of a composite filling, but are neither covered nor subsidized by the statutory health insurance companies. With private insurances, no general statement can be made, as the coverage depends on the individual contracts. The Icon treatment will be invoiced analogously according to the Gebührenordnung für Zahnärzte (GOZ).
You can find further information with reference to aesthetics on the website of our specialist society DGÄZ (German Society for Aesthetic Dentistry).