Modern endodontics - root canal treatment in Munich
If the dental nerve is irreversibly damaged or already dead, the tooth can usually only be preserved by a root canal treatment at our Munich clinic. After the tooth has been opened, the root canal is cleaned and disinfected mechanically (by machine) and with electrophysical-chemical methods, sometimes a medicinal insert is necessary. The root canal is then filled with thermoplastic material and sealed with a bacteria-proof filling.
In order to do justice to modern endondontics, our Munich practice has all the means at its disposal to achieve the best possible results and prognosis of a root canal treatment:
- Mechanical (Reciproc-) rotating preparation with nickel-titanium files
- Endometry (electrometric length determination of the root canals)
- Ultrasonically activated rinsing solutions for disinfecting root canals
- Laser or photodynamic disinfection of the root canals
- Devices for "warm" filling of the root canals for bacteria-proof sealing